- Full range of services in Gynaecological Cytology
- Fast transport of samples by courier or post
- Cooperation with external experts for additional examinations and second opinions
- Multilingual findings (in German, French, Italian and English)
- Immediate transmission of findings (by telephone, e-mail, fax or post)
- Laboratory-internal Quality Assurance (certification according to ISO 17025 initialised)
- Interdepartmental cooperation (Pathology – Molecular Biology – Microbiology)
- Correlation of cytological and histological findings
- Specialist in Cytopathology
Detect cervical cancer early. And prevent it.
Gynaecological Cytology as part of cancer screening at labor team
Additional examinations for HPV diagnostics
Infection with Human Papilloma Viruses (HPV) is considered the main cause of cervical cancer. HPV subtypes 16 and 18 pose a particular danger – they are so-called "high-risk HPV types". If necessary, our laboratory therefore carries out additional PCR tests for HPV as well as for pathogens such as chlamydia, HSV1 and 2 and gonococci from cell material fixed using the thin-layer method, either simultaneously or subsequently within one month. For the detection of a transforming HPV high-risk infection, a special immunocytochemical CINtecPLUS staining is also possible on request.
Advantages of a gynaecocytological examination at labor team
Important information about our gynaecocytological services
In Gynaecological Cytology, too, the quality of the findings depends greatly on whether the sample collection is carried out correctly. We have therefore compiled comprehensive information on preanalytics and the examination procedure for you as practical downloads.